Category: Interior Design and Decorating
Comments Off on Top 5 Tips to Remember for Choosing a Bi-Fold Door
One of the biggest concerns for modern house owners is Space. In such scenario, a bi-fold door is a blessing in disguise. A bi-fold door is a door that slides wide open from the middle instead of swinging open like the normal doors do. The door is made from a series of panels that folds up against the wall. The door is gaining a lot of popularity as it gives great dimension to people seeking stylish and practical solutions to their door.
A variety of bi-fold doors are available in the market. The bi-fold doors commonly available in the market are made of materials such as wood, UPVC, and aluminium. A readymade bi-fold is easy to install and clean. A custom door is a better choice if you want to bring out your taste of personal space and creativity. In bringing out the perfect bi-fold door for your house, there are certain things you need to consider. Now, let us dig deeper to find out some of the things to remember while choosing a bi-fold door.
• The first thing you need to understand is to make sure that you have measured out space accurately. Doing this, you can find the right door to suit the space that is available. Depending upon the space available, you can fix the doors to open inwards or outwards.
• These doors give you the option to be fixed in internal or external rooms. Bi-fold doors are best suited for small space rooms like laundry, kitchen pantry. They are also ideal for any connecting rooms such as dining room, living room and other rooms that open to courtyard or gardens.
• Make sure that your custom door finds the right design that matches the décor of the house. For example, if you have a traditional home, try to find the design and colour that matches. Or if you have a modern home, improvise some modern vibe that can match the style of the house.
• It is important to know your budget. The doors are also available in various range of prices. If any additional cost is well within your budget, you can go for blinds that can give you privacy and shade to the rooms the doors are fitted in. Blinds are also available in a range of colours and style.
• You will need to ensure that the door you choose for your house is up to the latest approved standards having a minimum of five to six lever key cylinders. To make it even more secure, if security is your sole concern, you will have to make sure that the hinges should be strong enough to survive break-in attempts.
The door does the simple mechanism of open the door in a quiet and smooth motion. They are quite likeable for modern house owners as they offer ample amount of space. Not only does it give advantages over other conventional doors but it gives modern creative vibes to your house.
Comments Off on The Choices Are Complex – Know Some Ways to Choose the Best Wood Look Porcelain Tiles
They have been hitting the headlines and become the favorites of many a homeowner and interior decorator. Inkjet printing upon porcelain tiles is so realistic that the surface is mistaken for wood, stone, cement or fabric. And all that comes with the many advantages of porcelain that is very strong and resistant to moisture. Install it in the wettest areas. Easy to clean and cost effective, it is the answer to budget constraints with an endless cost effective selection. Which of the lot would you finally choose? Perhaps a few of them would work best in terms of different areas and borders too.
The great variety has something for every purse and heart. Be it vintage planks or reclaimed wood looks, an organic look and the smart redwood or the freshly cut appearance, they are all available. Now you know why these porcelains became so popular and so fashionable.
If you are planning for such a wood tile porcelain floor, pay heed to a few points so that you can enjoy the best purchase to last and last.
• The substrate should be perfectly level, taking pains to carry out fillings where needed. Any irregularity in the floor surface would destroy the proper installation.
• By alternating the planks from end to end, they would look like the real wood planks.
• Using a 1/3 offsetting method, you can avoid the problem of slight differences in thickness. The end of one tile plank goes into the center of the next.
• A genuine wooden floor look may be achieved with very small grout spaces of 1/8″ between each tile.
Check out a few of the wood look porcelain tile wonders!
Beige Sierra Porcelain
An authentic reclaimed wood floor would appeal to lots of people. The problem is that though such a floor may look cool, real wood would be very difficult to maintain. You would have to deal with creaking planks, the wood getting loose, gaps visible, and nails jutting out dangerously. You can safely now create a historical masterpiece or a farmhouse effect in a contemporary building. Install irregular planks of different shades, lengths and widths. Beige Sierra Porcelain would create an absolutely stunning floor without any issues of the real wood.
Cashew Botanica Porcelain
Is it really possible for porcelain tiles to appear like wood in designing the room interiors? Would a room appear formal and smart like an office space or a family living room? If you have any doubts about that, try the effect of Cashew Botanica Porcelain. The knots and grains of wood are clearly visible in a realistic inkjet printed job. The format of narrow plank designs works out great in herringbone and parquet designs too. Get creative with the stunning raw material.
Arctic Aspenwood Porcelain
Do you fancy hardwood flooring made of the wide planks of pine or aspen? Install a stylish modern ambience with such floors. Arctic Aspenwood Porcelain creates such a supremely realistic effect that you feel the presence of real wood even in large environments. Since everybody has experienced what the real wood ambience is like, there is no mistaking the unique charm and character. Further, there would arise no worries about spills and splashes with the porcelain. It will be there almost forever, easily cleaned up. Naughty kids and pet dogs and cats are no problem either.
Mahogany Redwood Porcelain
Broad and dark red mahogany under the feet would be attractive indeed, but is it feasible? Certainly not, in wet areas like bathrooms or kitchens. The spa like environment may be created with the porcelain imitation called Mahogany Redwood Porcelain. Real wood will get moldy, lose shape and lose its color and sheen rather quickly. With wood look porcelains, spills and splashes hardly matter.
Vintage Lace Porcelain
It may look untidy but is quite charming! Distressed real wood planks that are whitewashed give rise to many worries. The paint may be flaking and the splinters could be dangerous. The floorboards may get scratched. How will you remove spilled liquids and dirt from the wood? Vintage Lace Porcelain helps escape from many headaches. Get the vintage effect with no hassles.
Comments Off on Tips To Make Painting Your Home Easier & Efficient
Most people start cringing as the time to begin house painting draws near. Artistic expression and creative liberty take a back seat, all the planned ideas start seeming impractical, and what stays afore is the laborious task at hand.
A single mistake can render futile – or at least take all the charm away. But, a smart man still looks ahead at the final result without dreading any careless mistake along the way, because he has at hand a few tips that help him work around any problems.
So when painting your home, don’t fear what may go wrong. Instead, wait eagerly for when it all turns out alright with these smart tips as your guide:
• Painting directly over oily, dirty, surfaces will prove to be fruitless as the paint will easily peel off. Clean grimy areas with a heavy-duty cleaner before painting to solve this problem.
• Mix a few cans of paint beforehand to maintain a consistent colour throughout the room. Opening a new paint can while in the middle of a wall might leave slightly varying shades of the colour. Mixing the same paints together eliminates the problem.
• Paint the trim before the walls and the ceiling. It’s easier to tape off the trim than it is to tape off the walls. While painting the trim, one doesn’t need to be neat either as the paint that gets onto the walls is covered later.
• A single coat of paint isn’t usually able to hide the underlying colour on the trim. To ensure a smooth finish, one must sand the trim before each coat of paint is applied.
• Avoid lap marks by rolling up to the full height of the wall and keeping a wet edge. Lap marks occur when one paints over a part that has partly dried already. Maintain a wet edge by reloading the roller often.
• Treat wall patches with prime and texture to avoid a blotchy finish. Wall patches absorb the paint and dull the surface. Primer seals the patches and blocks the paint from sinking in.
• For a perfect edge, let the paint dry before cutting the tape loose. Since paint forms a film between the tape and the wall, removing the tape also tears a little dried paint off the wall. To avoid this, slice through the film with a sharp knife when the paint is completely dry.
Comments Off on Redecorating Your Bedroom for a Fresh and Relaxing Makeover
Whether it’s your new home or you are thinking for a revamp to your existing owned one, these simple tips from the decor experts can give your space an amazing and refreshing look. There has been a shift in paradigm and now people have started to look for a fresh and clutter-free space with sufficient storage on top of their priority.
With just a few tips and tricks from the interior experts, you can achieve your dreamy bedroom in no time…
The first and the most obvious thing you may want to do is display your expensive items. Every house has got few expensive decor elements which people keep in safe places for any future use. This is where you are doing a mistake. There is no tomorrow. It’s all about today. Dig deep and find out the expensive decor treasures you have and put them on display. They could be anything like bowls, dishes and antiquities of high value. This is going to give your room an instant uplift.
Adding texture to your surrounding always paves the path to premium feeling…
Your simple plain walls can be changed to modern-day cheeky and textured walls. This may go up higher for the budget constraint families. Worry not; adding texture is not only for the rich as there is a way around. You can go for textured pillows and cushions or even you can do curtains and drapes. All of this combined can come across appealing and breath-taking.
Bring in an armchair to create a beautiful nook…
Building a nook in your bedroom can create a warm and welcoming effect in style. Make your reading sessions exciting with these amazing nooks around the corner in your bedroom. Moreover, if you can do it around the windows, this is even better. One can peep outside for an amazing view (if you have any) while enjoying their reading sessions.
Lighting, when done correctly, can have an immense impact in any room…
When it’s your bedroom, and you are doing a revamp in it; you must have to pay attention to the lighting. You can buy stylish table lamps or create a blue or red lighting effect in your room for an added flavour to your mood. A new way to do it is by placing tables just aside your bed on each side and then placing lamps over them. This is one of the great examples of creativity and functionality.
Dress up your floor with stylish and trendy area rugs…
When you are doing it all in your bedroom, then how can you skip your floor? Giving your floor a perfect makeover with stylish, trendy and functional area rug is one of the best ways to do it. The market is full of options when it comes to choosing a rug for your room. Few of the most popular ones are shaggy rugs, traditional, modern, geometric, wool and kid’s rugs. Within these famous types, you may find hundreds of designs and colour variants and choose one which goes well with your interiors.
- Advertising & Marketing
- Arts & Entertainment
- Auto & Motor
- Business Products & Services
- Cleaning Tips and Tools
- Clothing & Fashion
- Health & Fitness
- Health Care & Medical
- Home Improvement
- Home Products & Services
- Interior Design and Decorating
- Internet Services
- Kitchen Improvements
- Pets & Animals
- Real Estate
- Sports & Athletics